This web site (oahouston.org) was established on October 9, 1999, and is maintained by the Houston Metro Intergroup, Inc., d/b/a Overeaters Anonymous (“HMI”), a Texas non-profit corporation, and a service body of Overeaters Anonymous (WSO Service Body #09050).
HMI Mission Statement: "Guided by the Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous and therefore directly responsible to those it serves, Houston Metro Intergroup provides caring support and timely information for those individuals within the Houston Metropolitan area seeking assistance with eating disorders."
HMI, the Houston Metro Intergroup of Overeaters Anonymous, is a cooperative venture between various OA groups in the Greater Houston Metropolitan Area. As each OA group is autonomous, HMI is not a governing body, but a service body, whose purpose is to support the OA groups and members that it serves.
As each group contributes to HMI with the service of its members, as well as financially, HMI is able to support the Houston OA community in ways that are beyond the scope of any individual OA group.
These services include:
- telephone answering service with a listing in the local telephone directory. This important service allows both members and the general public to contact OA for meeting lists and information about OA. Our Houston phone number is 713-973-6633.
- Publishing meeting lists with the locations, times, and contact individuals for Houston area OA meetings that are registered with the World Service Office of OA.
- Sponsoring an annual local convention and regional conventions, workshops, and similar activities.
- Providing for the local availability of OA literature. Newcomer kits are provided to new members at no charge.
- Publishing our local OA Web site, "OA Houston".
- Sending delegates to represent the Houston area at the Region III Assemblies and the World Service Business Conference.
- Cooperating with the Oasis Club to provide a dedicated OA facility for Houston. The Oasis Club is a separate legal entity from HMI. HMI does, however, rent their office space from the OAsis Club.
Click here to view our meeting list.
The HMI Monthly Business meeting is the third Saturday of odd months at the Oasis Club,
5645 Hillcroft, Suite 102 at 9:45 AM. Every group is encouraged to send a representative.