OA PIPO (Public Information Professional Outreach)
Getting the word out in our community about OA’s program of recovery is critical for the OA Fellowship to continue, and there are many tools to attract favorable media attention and public awareness about OA.
Helping the still suffering compulsive eater is our primary purpose and we must get the word out to those people.
Do you have a good idea about OA Public Information?
Did you have a successful PI event in your area?
Please consider being of service for PIPO.
OA Houston’s PIPO Committee meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:00 pm, before the Newcomer's Meeting at St. Anne's Catholic Church (2140 Westheimer @ Shepherd, Parish Hall, 2nd Floor). This is a ‘We’ program and all suggestions and ideas are welcome!
The Houston committee’s ongoing projects include:
- Assist in advertising OA sponsored events
- Public Outreach – Finding OA speakers for Schools, Health Fairs, etc
- Distributing The Courier Newsletter*, Many Symptoms, and About OA the medical community
- It is suggested to encourage any medical professional who supports OA, to submit an article to The Courier.
- Getting OA’s Public Service Announcement (PSA) on the Radio
- Assist in developing and organizing OA workshops
- OA Traditions – learning more about and practicing the Traditions, specifically Anonymity
- Greeting newcomers
*Committee members have Courier Newsletters to give to anyone wanting to take to their medical professionals and they are also available online to download and print
For more information on carrying the message for OA visit the following OA sites: